Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ooooo la la .... New Camera!

Wow. I'm really excited to report that I just purchased another Nikon camera. My beloved D300. Yes, I know, I'm the world's largest photo geek!! This camera has many options which I'm excited to have and provide for clients, allowing for even better photos. My clients deserve the best, right? You bet they do! I'm also pleased to admit that I LOVE new gear, so providing great equipment isn't hard at all for me. :) In combination with my new ultra sharp lens .... look out wedding season, here I come! Here are a few images taken with the brand spankin' new beloved D300 .... (sigh) what a great purchase .....

This is my very first HDR image ever! My husband and I went location scouting in the rain and came across this old milk truck. My husband, being the small town/farm kid that he is, just loved it! He insisted that I convert it to HDR (high dynamic range) and I'm so thankful that I did. I think I may have a new addiction on my hands though ....


This is my second ever HDR image ..... I tend to like strange things.


This is a regular photograph, with some enhancement of course.


I must have been in the HDR zone today, because this is just a regular photograph also, with enhancements very similar to a HDR look. I guess once you have your mind set on something, it just kind of sticks.

So, even though the rain has been rather depressing (and I'm hoping to goodness that those sunny days are coming) I really did enjoy the "gloominess" from a photographic point of view. I had a really good time testing out my beloved new camera and lens and I feel very refreshed and ready for my crazy wedding season which is starting full force next weekend.

2 comments:

Laura Hit said...

You got it earlier than expected (or was this a different one). Congrats - new gear of any sorts is exciting! Can't wait to see some more photos.

Rachel Schultz said...

Hi there... this is Rachels husband Marty, just browsing your blog and I love this shot! Its incredible. You should submit it to a company that makes 2000 piece puzzles.