Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Professional Photographers of Canada Convention

I have just returned from the Professional Photographers of Canada Provincial Convention. It was an amazing weekend, jam packed with fabulous speakers and endless learning opportunities. What a great experience! I couldn't have hoped for more! This was also the first year that I submitted prints into their competition. I was terrified and excited all the same time when my prints came up for judging. The whole process was anonymous, so I was really looking forward to hearing feedback on my prints from a completely unbiased perspective. As it turned out ... and I was COMPLETELY surprised, knowing how challenging such a competition is, all 4 of my entries were accepted and one received a merit score. All 4 prints were nominated for the best in their class and 1 won!!! My editorial entry won a very fancy trophy for the best in it's class. I was soooo excited to receive such an award from an organization as credible as the PPOC. In addition to the incredible honor of having one of my prints win, I was also nominated (1 of 3 photographers) for General Photographer of the Year!! Although I didn't win, I was incredibly happy and pleasantly surprised to even be considered. The fellow who won definitely deserved it, as he does amazingly beautiful work.... and I was ecstatic to even be considered for the reward at his side. What a great weekend!! So here are the 4 photos that I entered and their categories. To view the image larger simply click on it.

This was my winning print! It won best in it's class - Editorial category. yay!!


Nominated for best in it's class - Wedding Group category


Nominated for best in it's class - Industrial category


Nominated for best in it's class - Fine Art category

4 comments:

Jenn Galloway said...

A giant congratulations! These are all fantastic photos, and it is so great to be recognized amongst so many great photographers, and to win... ;) Great job!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Again Renee. That must feel amazing..Photographer of the year nominee? That is incredible! Very proud of you.

Anonymous said...

congrats Renee! you totally deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pieces of wall art Renee! Congratulations on the award!